THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND VOCATIONAL TRAINING
GOVERNMENT UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS TENABLE IN THE ARAB REPUBLIC OF EGYPT
FOR THE YEAR 2013-2014
Applications are invited from qualified Tanzanians for undergraduate scholarships tenable in the Arab Republic of Egypt for the year 2013-2014. Students who are already registered in local Institutions need not apply.
FIELD OF STUDY: “Oil and Gas “
Aspiring applicants must meet the following conditions:
1. Be holders of Form VI Certificate of Secondary Education with three principal passes not below C grade in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Geography and at least five credits in their Form IV Certificate of Secondary Education;
2. Must not be more than 25 years old by September 2013; and
3. Be in good health
GENERAL TERMS OF SCHOLARSHIP:
· Selected candidates will be provided by the Government of the Arab Republic of Egypt
o A monthly allowance;
o Hostel accommodation;
o Medical care in accordance to University Regulations;
· Purchase own air tickets to Tanzania when circumstances necessitate coming back home before completion of studies and
· For those needy may apply for loans from Higher Education Students Loans Board
MODE OF APPLICATION:
· Applicants from Zanzibar should channel their applications through the Department Responsible for Higher Education in Zanzibar.
· Envelopes must be clearly marked “Egypt Scholarship 2013-2014”.
· Applications should reach the addressee not later than 25th April 2013.
· Applicants must attach to their application letters:
o Photocopies of their F IV and F VI Certificates of Secondary Education;
o Photocopy of Birth Certificate;
o Proof of good health.
All applications must be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Education and Vocational Training,
Department of Higher Education,
P.O. Box 9121,